FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $50 USD · WE SHIP INTERNATIONALLY
4 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
Pinch of salt
¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 scallion, finely chopped
Ground pepper to taste Directions
Eggs deliver protein, which is great for dieters. Compared to carbohydrates and fat, protein keeps you satisfied longer. Plus, in one study, dieters who ate eggs for breakfast felt fuller longer and lost more than twice as much weight as those who got the same amount of calories from a bagel for breakfast.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Separate egg whites from the yolks, placing each yolk in an individual small bowl. Beat all of the egg whites and salt in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Gently fold Parmesan and scallions into the beaten whites with a rubber spatula. Make 4 mounds (about ¾ cup each) of egg-cheese mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Make a well in the middle of each mound with the back of a spoon.
- Bake the egg whites until starting to lightly brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from oven. If the well has filled in during baking, use the spoon to recreate it. Gently slip a yolk into each well. Bake until the yolks are cooked but still runny, 3 to 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve immediately.
- Serving size: 1 cloud egg
- Per serving: 94 calories; 6 g fat(2 g sat); 0 g fiber; 1 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 26 mcg folate;190 mg cholesterol; 0 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 356 IU vitamin A; 1 mg vitamin C; 74 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 198 mg sodium; 89 mg potassium
- Carbohydrate Servings: 0
By: Carolyn Casner, EatingWell, Recipe Developer & Tester